What is a WhatsApp link?
WhatsApp has a feature that allows people to create links, so any user can click and start a conversation (chat) directly with the person who created the link. This functionality is called "click to chat" and as you don’t have to save anyone’s phone number to message them, it simplifies interaction.
Even so, creating WhatsApp links is not user friendly and occasionally takes more time than expected. There’s where Walink comes in, we provide a tool which you can use to generate shortened WhatsApp links, with the wa.link domain. This will increase your chat conversions, and it’s free!
How to create your WhatsApp link
- 1Type your WhatsApp phone number
Type the phone number which you want to be contacted. Remember to check your country code.
- 2Add a custom message for users to send to you
- 3Click on “Generate my wa.link”, copy it and use it anywhere you want!
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much does Walink charge for links?The links that you create with the generator in create.wa.link are totally free.
You can also access Walink Premium and create branded links for 6 USD a year that include more features like custom URL and an admin dashboard to edit the link's info and view analytics. Register now to purchase your firts Premium link here.
- What is the custom message?It’s a default message that appears on the user’s text input field once they click on your link and open the chat. This way it’s easier for them to start a conversation and you will know exactly where the user came from.
- How to add a WhatsApp link (wa.link) to the Instagram bio?One of the most common places to use your WhatsApp links generated with Walink, is the Instagram profile. Note that this social network only admits 1 link in the bio, so if you already have a link there, you will have to replace it.
Go to your Instagram profile, then click "Edit Profile", and fill the input for "Website" with the wa.link you just made.
Remember that if you don't fill the "Website" field, your users won't be able to click your link and you will miss the opportunity of an immediate contact with your clients.
- Why is there a website asking if I want to send a message?Sometimes, especially on desktop or laptop, when a user clicks a WhatsApp link the browser will open a new tab where the person is asked if they want to send a message to ###-###-### WhatsApp number. This is the way WhatsApp keeps the links safe for users, so if this is happening on your links you can rest assure it is working perfectly.
- How can I create a link with custom (branded) URL?Free generated links URLs are assigned randomly using numbers and letters. If you’d like to create a link with custom URL like wa.link/YourBrand, you can register in Walink Premium to get all the benefits including custom URLs.
- ¿Can I create a link for my catalog in WhatsApp Business?Links created in the free generator are a direct access to a WhatsApp chat and are not enabled to be assigned to the business catalog.
To create a custom link like wa.link/MyCatalog that leads directly to your WhatsApp Business catalog you can register in Walink Premium to get all the benefits including links to your catalog.
- How can I know how many clicks are my links getting?Free generated links don't support analytics options, so you can't know how many clicks are these links getting.
Walink Premium does offer analytics and many other features. Register here to get all the benefits from Premium links.
- Does Walink work in my country?Walink generated links work on any country where WhatsApp is officially available.
- Where can I report a bug or issue?
Do you want a branded link?
With Walink premium you can create, track and modify your custom WhatsApp links. (wa.link/YourBrand)